18th "Europe-INBO 2020" International Conference
for the Implementation of the European Water Directives
The European health situation, and the many travel restrictions that currently exist between the different countries, do not allow international conferences to be held. It is therefore in virtual format, and for the first time, that the 18th International EUROPE-INBO Conference will be organized - online, on November 9 and 10, 2020.
The process is adapted to these particular circumstances:
- An official opening session will take place in the presence of representatives of the Finnish (2019 presidency of EuroRIOB) and Maltese (2020-2021 presidency) authorities, and of the European Commission.
- An interactive workshop on the greening of the European Agricultural Policy
- An interactive workshop on the European partnership "Water4all"
- Two webinars dedicated to the city-basin dialogue, in particular within the framework of the European project FIWARE4Water (https://www.fiware4water.eu).
Reserve your calendars! The registration details will be sent to you shortly.
The 19th International Euro-INBO Conference, at the invitation of the Maltese authorities, is scheduled from April 19 to 21, 2021 in Malta.
REGISTRATION FORM AVAILABLE SOON
Click on the program to enlarge
Simultaneous interpretation in English-French-Spanish will be available
for all plenary sessions
Sunday 8th November
19h00 : Welcome cocktail
Monday 9th November
- 9h00: Official opening ceremony
- 9h30: Introduction:
- Objectives and actions of Europe-INBO (20 min)
- Presentation of the water governance in Malta (40 min)
- 10h30: Coffee break
- 11h00: Session I.1. Engaging basin actors in the evaluation and evolution of the Water Directives
- 12h45: Lunch
- 14h00: Workshop on “Greening the Common Agricultural Policy: stakes and solutions”
- 17h30: INBO World Liaison Bureau
- 19h30: Conference dinner
Tuesday 10th November
- 09h00: Session I.2. Economic tools for basin management: integrating environment and biodiversity in cost-recovery
- 10h45: Coffee break
- 11h15: Session I.3. Sustainable quantitative management of water resources for climate change adaptation and biodiversity preservation
- 14h15: Special Session I.4. International & transboundary cooperation for basin management
- 16h00: Coffee break
- 16h30: Official closing ceremony
- 17h30: Cocktail
Friday 13th of November
- A technical and cultural visit will be organized on the last day